Kansas Deaf-Blind Project
Deaf-Blind Project is a federally funded grant designed to provide technical
assistance to educational teams and families who serve learners with
deaf-blindness in Kansas. Our Project goals include:
- Collaborate with the medical, community,
and infant toddler services to identify children with deaf-blindness early
so services can be provided to the child and family
- Provide training to families and service providers who work with
children with deaf-blindness
- Provide family and self-advocacy support
- Assist families and educational teams to make effective plans for
times of transition
- Maintain learners on the Kansas census for the National Child
Services Provided by the Kansas Deaf-Blind Project
- Free technical assistance for
parents, educators, and early intervention personnel by project personnel and
other consultants and selected web based family and school team support.
- Assistance in locating children and
young adults who may have both a vision and a hearing loss.
- Inservice training on specific
content areas as determined by needs assessment data.
- Ongoing SPARKLE training for families
of children who are deaf-blind.
- Scholarships for intervener training
for educators and training for parents/family members who have a child with
- Resources provided through the Kansas
Deaf-Blind Loan Library.
- Resource Information Packets
distributed to families of children who are newly identified as deaf-blind and
to families whose children are re-certified on the Kansas Deaf-Blind Registry.
- Annual and ongoing collection of
Kansas deaf-blind census and federal census monitoring.
- Ongoing training and certification
for Kansas school nurses, in screening for vision and Usher’s syndrome.
- Ongoing collaboration with various
agencies to expand services for children who are deaf-blind.
We Have Moved!
Please bear with us while we transition our website to a new location. Also, please be aware that our physical address, email addresses, and phone numbers have changed! See our Contact Us
page for more details.